The enchanting hill station in Karnataka, India. Chikmagalur is home to stunning landscapes, lush green hills, and serene waterfalls. This beautiful hill station is a perfect destination for a weekend getaway or a relaxing holiday. From mesmerizing waterfalls and breathtaking views to historical monuments and ancient temples, Chikmagalur has something for everyone.
Whether you are looking for a peaceful escape or an adventure-filled vacation, Chikmagalur has it all. Here you can explore the beautiful landscape and soak in the natural beauty at the famous Baba Budan Giri Hills. You can also visit famous temples and monuments such as the Sharadamba Temple and the Jamalabad Fort.
If you are an adventure enthusiast, Chikmagalur offers plenty of activities like trekking, biking, and camping. You can also enjoy a variety of water sports activities such as kayaking, rafting, and swimming.
why is this a must-visit place
Chikmagalur is a beautiful hill station in the Indian state of Karnataka. Located amidst the mountains of the Western Ghats, it is home to some of the most beautiful and scenic places in India. From lush green coffee plantations, misty hills, serene waterfalls, and tranquil lakes to majestic temples and ancient monuments, Chikmagalur has something for everyone.
It is also known for its amazing trekking trails, making it a perfect destination for adventure enthusiasts. The nearby Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place to spot some exotic wildlife species. With so much to explore and enjoy, Chikmagalur is a must-visit for any traveler looking for a perfect getaway in the lap of nature.
5 Places to visit in Chikmagalur
It is a great destination for nature lovers, and here are five places to visit when in Chikmagalur:
- Mullayanagiri: Located at an altitude of 6,314 feet, Mullayanagiri is the highest peak of Karnataka, and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys. It is an ideal spot for trekking and camping and is also home to several temples.
- Baba Budangiri: This is a famous pilgrimage site located in the Chikmagalur district, and is known for its ancient caves and temples. It is believed to be the birthplace of the mystic saint Baba Budan and is a popular destination for trekking and camping.
- Hebbe Falls: Located near the Kalhatti village in Chikmagalur, Hebbe Falls is a beautiful waterfall cascading down from a height of about 180 feet. It is a great place for a picnic and is surrounded by lush green forests and coffee plantations.
- Kudremukh National Park: This national park is situated in the Western Ghats and is home to various species of flora and fauna. It is also a popular spot for trekking and camping and is known to offer an amazing view of the sunset.
- Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in the Chikmagalur district, this wildlife sanctuary is known for its rich biodiversity and is home to various species of birds, mammals, and reptiles. It is a great place to spot wild animals and is also a popular destination for camping and trekking.
These are just some of the many places that you can visit in Chikmagalur. So, if you’re looking for a peaceful and beautiful destination, then Chikmagalur is the ideal place for you.
Start your journey from Bangalore to Chikmagalur early in the morning. On the way, you can enjoy a scenic drive with beautiful views of the Western Ghats. After 3 hours of driving, you will reach the beautiful hill station of Chikmagalur.
Check in to your hotel and take some rest. After that, you can explore nearby attractions such as Mullayanagiri Peak, Hebbe Falls, Bababudangiri Hills, and Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary. These places offer spectacular views and some thrilling activities such as trekking and camping.
You can also visit Hirekolale Lake in the evening to enjoy boating and some beautiful views of the mountains.
On the second day, you can explore the local attractions of Chikmagalur such as Belur and Halebidu. These places are known for their magnificent temples and archaeological sites. You can also visit the nearby coffee plantations and learn about the process of making coffee.
In the evening, you can enjoy a peaceful walk around Kodandarama Temple and take in the beauty of nature.
On the last day of your trip, you can visit the famous Manikyadhara Falls and enjoy a relaxing dip in the waters. You can also visit the nearby Sringeri Temple to pay your respects.
After that, you can head back to Bangalore via the same route and take back some wonderful memories of your trip.
What to Carry
- Even with thorough planning, there are numerous occasions when things don’t go as expected and your to-do lists aren’t completed before you leave. Therefore, even if you are an accomplished traveler, a checklist is still useful and necessary for new travelers. While you may pack the bare minimum to get by on vacation, here are a few pointers that are useful to keep in mind:
- Remember to bring a quality camera. You don’t want to miss taking pictures of the breathtaking scenery that the Western Ghats has to offer.
- Be cautious to pack lightly and bring extra blankets.
- To be prepared for unexpected downpours, bring an umbrella or make sure your hotel will give you one while you’re there. For a weather forecast and other travel advice, call beforehand.
- Remember to bring insect repellent, especially if you want to visit a forest in the evening or at night or go for a walk in the great outdoors. Additionally, several of the eateries offer outdoor seating, making them mosquito and bug-friendly. Always be ready to provide you with much-needed relief.
- Take some coolers to transport your food and drinks. A cool beverage along the route wouldn’t be a terrible addition to the trek because the heat may be brutal.
Checkout: More Awesome Content