Cybersecurity is one of the most crucial aspects of any organization in the digital age. With the increasing number of cyber-attacks, companies always seek ways to secure their networks and systems. One way to ensure this is to hire ethical hackers or penetration testers who can identify vulnerabilities in the network and patch them before they are exploited by malicious hackers. The Eccouncil Certified Ethical Hacker (CEHv12) certification is an excellent way to demonstrate your skills and knowledge. This article will discuss how to get certified as an EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker with exam 312-50v12.
What is the Eccouncil Certified Ethical Hacker (CEHv12) Certification?
The Eccouncil Certified Ethical Hacker (CEHv12) certification is a globally recognized certification that demonstrates your skills and knowledge in ethical hacking. The certification is designed to test your ability to identify vulnerabilities in the network, exploit them, and recommend measures to patch them. The certification is ideal for professionals who want to build a career in ethical hacking or penetration testing.
The certification covers various topics related to cybersecurity, including network security, web application security, cryptography, and penetration testing. The certification also emphasizes the importance of ethics and professionalism in ethical hacking.
How to Get Certified as an EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker with Exam 312-50v12?
Step 1: Meet the Prerequisites
Before you can take the 312-50v12 exam, you must meet the prerequisites. The prerequisites for the certification are as follows:
- Two years of work experience in the field of information security
- Attend an official training program provided by the EC-Council or a certified EC-Council training center
- Submit an application form and pay the exam fee
Step 2: Study the Exam Objectives
Studying the exam objectives is crucial to passing the 312-50v12 exam. The objectives cover various cybersecurity-related topics, and it is essential to have a good understanding of them. The exam objectives for the 312-50v12 exam are as follows:
- Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Scanning Networks
- Vulnerability Analysis
- System Hacking
- Malware Threats
- Social Engineering
- Session Hijacking
- Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots
- Hacking Web Servers
- Hacking Web Applications
- SQL Injection
- Hacking Wireless Networks
- Hacking Mobile Platforms
- IoT Hacking
- Cloud Computing
One effective way to study the exam objectives is to break them down into smaller parts and focus on one section at a time. For example, you can focus on network security for a few days, then move on to web application security, cryptography, etc.
Another useful tip is to use flashcards to study the exam objectives. Flashcards can help you memorize key concepts and definitions quickly. You can create your flashcards using index cards or online tools like Quizlet.
Step 3: Use Exam Preparation Resources
There are various exam preparation resources available for the 312-50v12 exam. These resources can help you prepare for the exam and increase your chances of passing. Some of the exam preparation resources are as follows:
- Official Study Guide: The official 312-50v12 study guide is a comprehensive guide covering all the exam objectives’ topics. The guide includes practice questions, quizzes, and hands-on labs to help you prepare for the exam.
- Practice Exams: Practice exams are an excellent way to gauge your readiness for the exam. You can use practice exams to test your knowledge of the exam objectives and identify improvement areas. Various 312-50v12 practice exams are available online, including the official practice exam provided by the EC Council.
- Training Programs: Attending a training program is a prerequisite for the certification, but you can also enroll in additional training programs to enhance your knowledge and skills. Various training programs are available online and in-person, including self-paced courses, instructor-led courses, and boot camps.
- Online Forums: Online forums are an excellent way to connect with other professionals preparing for the certification. You can use online forums to ask questions, share study materials, and get tips from other professionals who have passed the exam.
Step 4: Practice Hands-on Skills
- Hands-on skills are essential for passing the 312-50v12 exam. The certification emphasizes the importance of practical skills. The exam includes hands-on labs that test your ability to identify vulnerabilities in the network, exploit them, and recommend measures to patch them. To Eccouncil Certified Ethical Hacker practice your hands-on skills, you can use various tools and software, including:
- Kali Linux: Kali Linux is a popular penetration testing distribution with various tools for ethical hacking and penetration testing.
- Metasploit: Metasploit is a penetration testing framework that makes it easier to discover and exploit vulnerabilities in the network.
- Wireshark: Wireshark is a network protocol analyzer that allows you to capture and analyze network traffic.
Step 5: Take the Exam
Once you have completed the training program, studied the exam objectives, and practiced your hands-on skills, you are ready to take the 312-50v12 exam. The exam is a multiple-choice exam that consists of 125 questions. You have four hours to complete the exam and must score at least 70% to pass.
During the exam, reading each question carefully and eliminating the wrong answers is essential. You should also manage your time effectively and spend only a little time on a single question. If unsure, you can flag the 312-50v12 question and return to it later.
Becoming an Eccouncil Certified Ethical Hacker (CEHv12) is an excellent way to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in ethical hacking. The certification is globally recognized and can help you build a career in cybersecurity. To get certified as an EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker with exam 312-50v12, you must meet the prerequisites, study the exam objectives, use exam preparation resources, practice hands-on skills, and take the exam. Following these steps and using the tips in this article can increase your chances of passing the exam and becoming a certified ethical hacker.