This can be regarded as a very popular question among a lot of children who study in primary school. Conversions of this type are frequently seen in their examinations. In the case of older children too, such conversions are required when solving physics and chemistry related numericals. Here, we will be discussing how to convert 62kg to lbs. We have already discussed some of the academic uses of these conversions. Apart from these academic uses, these conversions are also frequently used in our everyday lives. For example, we might be stuck in situations where we have to convert quantities from kg to lbs. These include scenarios such as shopping, diet planning, calculation of bmi, etc. Thus, during such situations, if we don’t know how to carry out these conversions, then it can be regarded as very embarrassing. Hence, this discussion can be regarded as very important for everyone. Here, we will be looking at the basic process involved in these conversions. Thereafter, we will be using this process to carry out the given conversion. Lastly, we will be discussing some important points that should be kept in mind while carrying out these conversions. So, without further delay, let’s take a look at the vital aspects of this conversion.
Here, we will be looking at the basic steps that need to be carried out in the case of these conversions. These steps are general and are applicable to all conversions like the conversion of 62kg to lbs. So, let’s see what these steps are.
- Determination of the relationship between the given scales.
This can be regarded as the first step of these conversions. Here, we have to determine the relationship between the two scales that are given. This relationship is very unique and can be used to carry out the conversion very easily. In this particular conversion, the given scales are kg and lbs. So, we have to determine the interrelationship between these two scales.
In the case of adults, they can easily determine these interrelationships with the help of the internet. But in the case of small children, this is not at all possible. This is because of the fact that they have very limited access to the internet connection. In addition to that, they are not allowed to take help from any external sources during examinations. Thus, in the case of these children, it is highly recommended that they memorize these interrelationships.
- Carrying out the conversion
This can be regarded as a very simple step and here we have to carry out the conversion using some simple mathematical calculations. These calculations are very simple and they mostly involve some basic multiplication and division. But at the same time, we have to keep in mind that this particular step is very much prone to mistakes and hence, the students should be very careful while carrying out this step.
Conversion of 62kg to lbs
- As we have already mentioned, the first step of this conversion is the determination of the interrelationship between the two given scales. So, first of all, we have to see what the given scales are. In this case, the given scales are kg and lbs. So, we have to determine the relationship between these two scales. Now, 1 kg is equivalent to 2.20462 lbs. So, this can be regarded as the required interrelationship between the given scales. Now, let’s proceed to the next step of this conversion.
- Here, we will be using the above mentioned interrelationship to carry out the given conversion. Now, 1 kg is equal to 2.20462 pounds. So, in order to convert 62 kg into lbs, we have to multiply 62 by 2.20462. This will give us the value 136.68644 pounds. Thus, this can be regarded as the correct answer to the given question. Thus, 62 kg is equivalent to 136.68644 pounds.
- While explaining conversions like 62kg to lbs to the students, the teachers should always try to break the entire process into simple steps. After that, they should explain each step to the children in detail. This can be regarded as very important because it will simplify the conversion a lot and the students will be able to develop a clear concept about it.
- Another important thing that should be kept in mind is that the children should always try to memorize the common interrelationships. This can be regarded as very vital because if they don’t know the required interrelationship, then they will not be able to proceed further with the conversion. This will make them lose marks in the examination.
- Teachers should always ensure that the children remain attentive and focussed while carrying out these conversions. This is because of the fact that they show a huge tendency of making silly calculation errors while doing these conversions. This usually occurs in the second step of the conversion procedure.
- Another thing that should be kept in mind is that the children should develop a habit of practicing these conversions on a regular basis. This will greatly help them to become thorough with the process involved.
For more blogs: Techwires
Thus, from our discussion of the topic, it can be concluded that if we convert 62kg to lbs then we will get 136.68644 pounds. The process involved in this conversion can be regarded as very simple as well as easy. This involves two basic steps. First of all, we need to determine the interrelationship between the two given scales and secondly, we have to use that interrelationship to carry out the given conversion. Here, we have discussed these steps in detail. Thereafter, we have used the discussed steps to carry out the given conversion. Lastly, we have also looked at some of the essential points that should be kept in mind while carrying out these conversions. These points are very important and should be given due attention. Thus, this discussion can be regarded as very beneficial for all the students as well as the teachers. In the case of the children, this discussion will help them to easily carry out these conversions without any trouble. In the case of the teachers, this discussion will give them a clear idea regarding how to explain these conversions to the students.